Today’s Frozen IT Assets to Become Enterprise Liquid Assets
NEW YORK, June 9, 2005 –BEA Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: BEAS), today unveiled a new brand identity, corporate tagline and marketing campaign designed to raise the company’s profile and to communicate its value proposition to IT customers. The new tagline, “Think liquid.” reflects BEA’s critical importance as a leading independent provider of enterprise infrastructure software that enables the free flow of information, business processes and services within and across businesses.
The three-year, multi-phased marketing campaign behind “Think liquid.” challenges IT to move beyond the business silos and vertically integrated “software stacks” of old, to a new world order based on horizontally integrated “Service Networks” aimed at helping quickly deliver business, IT, personal and professional services to improve enterprise productivity.
“’Think liquid.’ encapsulates BEA’s vision for creating liquid assets from the frozen, hardwired assets in today’s IT environment,” said Marge Breya, chief marketing officer, BEA Systems, Inc. “BEA is already known as a technology innovator with rock-solid products. Our customers love us, and we want to expand that footprint in a relevant, inspiring way. The new marketing campaign is designed to inspire a world of liquid thinkers that compose, configure and re-use technology assets on the fly to meet business needs.”
BEA’s multi-year marketing campaign for “Think liquid.” will be marked by an array of aggressive and innovative marketing approaches, including:
- Full-page print advertising, including in the Wall Street Journal and its international editions (see launch ad visuals at bea.com/thinkliquid);
- Corporate “Think liquid.” video trailer available in nine languages;
- Global on-line customer event with tracks for different audiences and Q&A (see bea.com/june15 for more details);
- Customized Web communities for developers, architects and executives on the new bea.com;
- Automated e-mail signatures linked to tens of thousands of daily e-mails from BEA employees;
- Targeted public relations campaigns to showcase BEA’s vision, business assets and product portfolio, while helping the market re-think the role of middleware;
- Aggressive online marketing and partner marketing campaigns; and
- Six BEAWorld events in 2005 in the San Francisco Bay Area, London, Paris, Prague, Tokyo and Beijing (See press release titled “BEAWorld brings SOA champions and the world together to create Liquid Assets.” Visit bea.com/beaworld for more information).
To support the multi-year marketing effort, BEA has contracted with several of the world’s leading brand, public relations and marketing services firms, including:
- Eleven, Inc., for brand, web and campaign design: An integrated advertising and brand marketing agency, Eleven provides brand strategy, advertising, graphic design and Web design services to a select number of high-quality clients. Eleven is responsible for guiding the BEA brand forward in marketing practices including advertising, brand marketing, event marketing, direct marketing, Web design, online marketing and employee communications.
- Weber Shandwick for public relations: Recently awarded “Agency of the Year” by both PR Week and the Holmes Report, Weber Shandwick is one of the world’s leading public relations agencies, with offices in major media, business and government capitals around the world. The agency relies on a clear client focus, the finest talent in the industry, and a commitment to delivering outcomes – not just output – to produce memorable public relations programs with measurable results.
- Wolff Olins for naming: Brand experts, the consultancy reinvents businesses, brands and markets to deliver growth. The consultancy stands for entrepreneurial creativity and original ideas. Its work has a pivotal impact on business success and a transformational effect on markets. It is recognized and sought after for its creativity and cut-through thinking. Wolff Olins’ clients are Fortune 500 companies, ambitious enterprises and visionary individuals.
The “Think liquid.” campaign was conceptualized by BEA’s new branding agency of record Eleven, Inc. “We are thrilled to partner with a revolutionary company like BEA,” said Jordan Warren, president and chief executive officer, Eleven, Inc. “We believe that for BEA, an integrated marketing approach – incorporating all touch points for their customers and employees including brand identity, event marketing, advertising, direct marketing, Web design and online marketing – will allow them to escalate their business platform to the next level in a very passionate, meaningful way.”
The integrated marketing effort will be complemented by an active and visible “Liquid Assets” PR campaign, designed to elevate BEA's market and thought leadership in the hyper-competitive software industry. “Innovation is the lifeblood of good technology PR, and fortunately BEA sits at the sweet spot of the technology industry's critical trends,” said Tim Marklein, executive vice president for Weber Shandwick. “As the pioneer behind both application infrastructure and service infrastructure, BEA has incredible assets with which to fuel the industry debate. We're excited to be part of the team that will enhance BEA's brand profile and drive increased preference for their market-leading products.”